A PLACE WHERE MY THOUGHTS ARE HEARD

04 July 2010

Lesson Learned

One thing I always struggle with is the couage to keep going. It's like, anytime I feel any type of pressure, I'm ready to stop. That's not a good habit. Matter of fact, that's a TERRIBLE habit. But I don't like to fight. It doesn't matter if it's physical, mental, or verbal. I DON'T WANNA FIGHT. This year, I joined my school track team. Track is a very demanding sport. It takes up all of your time. Once you join, it's like, everything you do is centered around running. I HATED the work out. But after practice, I would feel so good, even though I was sore.
I had to learn how not to give up. I learned that, being tired doesn't give you a reason to stop. Sometimes I would be running, and my legs would be tired and my chest would hurt, and mouth would be dry, and sometimes I'd get dizzy. But I didn't stop. Sometimes...ALL THE TIME, I would be nervous before a meet. And I would be itchin to get out of the race because I was scared that I wouldn't make it, or that I would be behind the crowd. But when I would start runnin, every fear that I had had vanished. And I was no longer nervous. All I was thinking about was getting ahead of my opponent. Then, the next thing I know I'm leading the crowd or it's me and one other person FIGHTING for first place. I loved running and I knew that i couldn't stop. Because if I stopped, everybody behind would pass me up. And that's when I'd lose. Because I stopped and I didn't pass the finish line. You can't just stop in the middle of a race. Coming in 6th place doesn't make you a loser. Quitting does. I'd rather come in last, than not finish a race.
Track has been more of a mataphoric lesson for me. I may not be the fastest or strongest runner on the team. And that's okay. I believe God was teaching me a lesson. He was telling me not to quit, because quitting makes you a loser. You never know how good you may be at whatever you're afraid of. The key is trying even if you're scared: DON'T QUIT. Me and my relay team won a medal! FIRST PLACE! I rememeber worrying about that race. Thinking I wasn't good enough. Thinking I would slow the team down. But I did alright. I'm so proud of myself. I learned not to give up. That's something I struggle with:GIVING UP. I think I give up because, I fear that I won't be good enough. So I just stop. I think, "if I don't do it, I can't be bad at it. I can't mess up." But, God has shown me that, giving up is worser than not trying. You don't know what'll happen. Just have faith that you can make it. Have faith that you are good enough.

-LaLa
This is the song I listen to before I run

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey.!
Thanks for giving a hoot!
It makes me warm inside.
:D