A PLACE WHERE MY THOUGHTS ARE HEARD

23 October 2010

Silent Warning

It starts with a lump
Then a feeling of doubt
"Did I really just feel that?"
"No it couldn't be, breast cancer? Me? No. That couldn't possibly be what it is"
The month's pass by and the lump is still there.
In fact it feels bigger, and it hurts a little.

Sitting in a cold room
Thoughts pass by
What If?
I have cancer?
The diagnostics comes back,
"I'm sorry to inform you that you've been diagnosed with breast cancer"
What if...
I die?
Warm tears fall to the ground

Cancer:
It has a preference...
AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN.
But it will not discriminate.
It doesn't prefer older people over younger people.
It comes with a silent warning...
Go it checked...

1 comment:

  1. HI! I like your blog...my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you like it...follow me!I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ;D

    ReplyDelete

Hey.!
Thanks for giving a hoot!
It makes me warm inside.
:D