A PLACE WHERE MY THOUGHTS ARE HEARD

30 November 2010

HuckleBerry Finn




I was shocked at the amount of used of the "n-word" in this book. The librarian warned me when I checked it out but I didn't think it would be that much. It's a good book though, if you havn't read it yet, you should go check it out.

Shocking N-word passage:

[Jim was monstrous proud about it,and he got he wouldn't hardly notice the other n's. N's would come miles to hear Jim tell about it, and he was more looked up to than any n in that country. Strange n's would stand with their mouths open and look him all over, same as if he was a wonder. N's is always talking about witches in the dark by the kitchen fire; but whenever one was talking and letting on to know all about such things, Jim would happen in and say, "Hm! What you know 'bout witches?" and that n was corked up and had to take a back seat. Jim always kept that five-center piece around his neck with a string...]

I cut it short because I was tired of typing all that. But there was a lot more before that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey.!
Thanks for giving a hoot!
It makes me warm inside.
:D