A PLACE WHERE MY THOUGHTS ARE HEARD

08 May 2010

Mother's Day

When I found out that you were diagnosed with cancer, the first thing I thought was, “Why are you always sick?” “Why can’t she just not have health issues?” Then I began to think, how can I walk past my mother and father’s room and only see my father there. “How will my daddy be?” “How will he survive without his best friend?” “Is he going to be alright?” I didn’t know what to think, or do, so I prayed. I prayed everyday and sometimes multiple times a day. Suddenly my fear went away and I knew that you would be alright. I stopped worrying and every time I told you it would be okay, I meant it. I remember when you told Jelisa about the cancer and she started crying. I remembered as she cried, she said God had already told her it would be okay. Then, we prayed together, and I led the prayer. After I got done praying, I looked up and saw my daddy’s eyes were watering. When I saw that, I knew that he truly cared about you and I hope that one day, I’d find someone who cares the same for me. I think the hardest part of this journey for me was when you lost your hair. I wouldn’t even look at you for a couple of days because I didn’t want that image in my head. I didn’t want to know what my mother looked like without hair on her head. Then I got over it. And now I’m always up under you.

You are, the strongest woman I know. You’ve been through so much pain. Whether it’s physical or mental, you’ve made it through. Even when you were under chemo, people would call you and you would begin to preach. One minute you were drowsy then the next you were wide awake because Jesus was on your mind. Then I really knew that name had power. On Sundays, you prayed for people who probably had know idea of what you were going through. You’ve inspired me to go into the medical field. The proper name is Oncology (awn-ca-luh-gee). Oncology comes from the Greek “onkos” which means bulk, mass, or tumor. And “logy” means the study of. Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with tumors or cancer. I felt since I lived with someone who was diagnosed with cancer and was healed from cancer, I could tell people that it is possible to make it through. I could tell them that the road was not over. Their story is not finished but a new chapter has begun. And all you have to do is have faith the size of a mustered seed and activate it. Once they do that, everything is alright.



Happy Mother’s Day!!!

Love LaVonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey.!
Thanks for giving a hoot!
It makes me warm inside.
:D